Development Potential and site feasibility
Having an understanding of landscape or townscape context are critical elements of establishing the feasibility of a particular type of development whether on brownfield or greenfield sites. We regularly assist clients in the initial review of land, often as part of due diligence, prior to purchasing or agreeing options. This feasibility work can also inform architectural briefs and inform planning application supporting documents.
We provide pragmatic advice relating to development potential and, through site analysis and background research, advise on constraints and opportunities as well as applying a landscape or townscape led approach to the setting of new development within a specific context. This ensures that new developments positively contribute to making places better for people.
- Advice to clients prior to land purchase
- Assistance with strategic land promotion
- Preparation of constraints and opportunities plans
- Initial appraisal of landscape / townscape and visual amenity
- Appraisal of site features and condition
- Review of Public Rights of Way
- Landscape /townscape policy review including local character assessments
- Green Belt appraisal
- Guidance and coordination of specialist surveys / consultants
- Preparation of strategy / vision documents
- Initial master planning