townscape study, enfield
Arc were appointed by Enfield Council to provide landscape and townscape guidance for the potential redevelopment of their former depot site located within Metropolitan Open Land. Having undertaken a full appraisal of the site, its context and the potential impact on openness of the MOL, Arc prepared guidance and a constraints and opportunities plan to inform the project architect’s (KCA), proposals. Design stages include incorporation of a ‘mini‐Holland’ cycle route, communal spaces and a new educational SUDs park within the adjacent MOL.
- Townscape and Visual Impact Assessment
- Public consultation
- MOL Analysis – assessment of openness
- Design recommendations for emerging masterplan
- Landscape design strategy
- Integration with educational SUDs park