TOWNSCAPE and visual impact assessment (tVIA)
Matters of appearance and location are vital considerations in ensuring a successful new development. We have extensive experience of establishing the elements of a townscape that help define an area and can provide an objective review of the visual amenity of a site. Through this analysis of a site and its context our assessments ensure that new developments are well sited, sensitive to location and contribute to their setting. We assess the likely effects of change on townscape character and visual amenity to make the case for new developments.
Using our in-house methodology, following national guidance (GLVIA3), we prepare townscape assessments for all development types. Our assessments are tailored to suit specific site requirements and ensure that the effects of a new development on townscape characteristics and visibility are considered.
The level of detail we provide is directly proportional to the scale and sensitivity of the development or its setting. We can provide short, initial appraisals for clients in the early stages of development, through to fully detailed impact assessments as part of EIAs. We also provide consultancy and support to Local Authorities or private individuals regarding development within their locality.
- Evidence research to inform Local Development Plans
- Site visits and baseline appraisals
- Townscape designation and planning policy review
- Townscape character assessments
- Visual amenity assessments
- Design development advice
- EIA - Screening and Scoping
- EIA - TVIA chapters
- Photography and coordination of CGIs/AVRs
- Review of TVIAs prepared by others
- Expert witness and planning appeals
Please email Katy Neaves at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information